The DCQ-2500 is a form, fit and function equivalent for the Digital IDV11-C (M8005). Like the IDV11-C, the DCQ-2500 is a relay output module for the Qbus. It provides 16 latched-reed contact outputs. The outputs are two-wire normally open contacts, used for controlling solenoids, relays, indicators, etc., where isolation from the controlled process must be maintained.
The 16-bit output data are written by program in word or byte and the output data register can be read back.
The design uses DEC I/O interface circuits to interface
to the Qbus and user signals plus a high density Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) for control circuitry. The FPGA is designed using internal logic symbols in industry standard schematic form. A serial prom loads the schematic symbols into the FPGA following each power up cycle. The use of an FPGA allows ease of design verification through simulation, ease of design improvements and for factory updates when and if needed.
- 16 normally open reed contact outputs
- Two-wire connection per output
- Capable of driving up to 60 volt dc (or peak ac) 1A; Pmax. 30W/60VA
- Contact protection
- Read/write output data register
- Module identification code readable by program
- Connector, signal and diagnostic compatible with Digital I/O test connector module
- MDM diagnostic NAIDAC compatible
- XXDP diagnostic CZIXVxx Compatible
- Qbus standard interface circuits (DS8641)
- User interface components are identical to the original design or electrical equivalent
- The internal circuitry is identical to the original Digital design but uses an FPGA to replace the individual gate-level components.
- Follows all Qbus rules and specifications as outlined in Digital’s LSI-11 Bus Spec, DEC Std 160 17-SEP-81.
- Qbus address switch compatible including switch location and settings